- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the shrimp, cheese, parsley and seafood seasoning; heat through.
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Penne with Garlic Sauce
"I loved this recipe, only thing I changed was no parsley. I myself don't like it. Great recipe.."
"Very good and easy to make even on a busy weeknight!"
"I love this recipe. It taste great with just the right portions and fast for when you don't want to stand over the stove all night. Thanks."
"Just made this today...... and it was soooo good I will be making this more often"
"Wonderful meal! The only addition I made was double the garlic. A meal where people are too busy enjoying the food to speak."