Shrimp Penne with Garlic Sauce for Two
“My friends and family request this all the time. It’s quick and smells so good.” Best of all, it's a breeze to downsize for two! Christy Martell - Round Hill, Virginia
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Stir in flour until blended;
- gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2
- minutes or until thickened. Stir in the shrimp, cheese, parsley and
- seafood seasoning; heat through.
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 497 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 228 mg cholesterol, 1,256 mg sodium,