- 2 cups uncooked Daily Chef Penne Rigate
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the shrimp, cheese, parsley and seafood seasoning; heat through.
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Penne with Garlic Sauce(9)
Sort By :
delish - made just the way recipe was posted and it was perfect! no changes necessary.
I made this tonight for my son and I and doubled the recipe for leftovers for my husband. We both liked it! It was kind of soupy but that may have been my fault because I put a little too much milk in it. I might freeze the extra sauce and "remake" it later with shrimp again or crab or chicken.
This was totally delicious! I used cheese tortellini rather than the penne pasta, shredded Italian blend cheese, and uncooked shrimp because it is what I had on hand. I also didn't have chicken broth so I disolved 2 chicken boulon cubes in about 1-1/2 cups of water. Also added a little more garlic because in taste testing the sauce, I didn't think it had enough. Could also add a small amount of pepper to it for a little kick. There was plenty of sauce I probably could have used 2 packages of tortellini.
This is wonderful! Tonight we had it with saute mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and crab added. Sprinkled with cayenne pepper and it gave it a great flavor!
This recipe is awesome! I feel like I should be at a restaurant when I make it. Plus it comes together quick and easily on a week night!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Shrimp Pasta Recipes >