- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the shrimp, cheese, parsley and seafood seasoning; heat through.
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Penne with Garlic Sauce
"So I bought a boatload of great prawns yesterday and used 1/2 for dinner. When I announced I was making prawns for dinner/football appetizers tonight, guess what the family wanted!? Funny, I was out of fresh Parmesan yesterday and subbed shredded Monteray Jack. Super good accident! So did the same tonight. You can easily say this family loves this recipe! Thank you for sharing, Virginia!"
"I loved this recipe, only thing I changed was no parsley. I myself don't like it. Great recipe.."
"Very good and easy to make even on a busy weeknight!"
"I love this recipe. It taste great with just the right portions and fast for when you don't want to stand over the stove all night. Thanks."
"Just made this today...... and it was soooo good I will be making this more often"
"Wonderful meal! The only addition I made was double the garlic. A meal where people are too busy enjoying the food to speak."
"Absolutely delicious! I loved the suggestion of the reviewer to add sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, and crab. I also used about 6 cloves of garlic for the flavor we love. There is alot of sauce.... so I added about a pound more shrimp, and we chose to use linguine instead of penne pasta. Worked great, and my family gave it rave reviews! It will be regular recipe on our table!"
"delish - made just the way recipe was posted and it was perfect! no changes necessary."
"I made this tonight for my son and I and doubled the recipe for leftovers for my husband. We both liked it! It was kind of soupy but that may have been my fault because I put a little too much milk in it. I might freeze the extra sauce and "remake" it later with shrimp again or crab or chicken."
"This was totally delicious! I used cheese tortellini rather than the penne pasta, shredded Italian blend cheese, and uncooked shrimp because it is what I had on hand. I also didn't have chicken broth so I disolved 2 chicken boulon cubes in about 1-1/2 cups of water. Also added a little more garlic because in taste testing the sauce, I didn't think it had enough. Could also add a small amount of pepper to it for a little kick. There was plenty of sauce I probably could have used 2 packages of tortellini."