- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the shrimp, cheese, parsley and seafood seasoning; heat through.
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Penne with Garlic Sauce
Sort By :
"Just made this today...... and it was soooo good I will be making this more often"
"Wonderful meal! The only addition I made was double the garlic. A meal where people are too busy enjoying the food to speak."
"Absolutely delicious! I loved the suggestion of the reviewer to add sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, and crab. I also used about 6 cloves of garlic for the flavor we love. There is alot of sauce.... so I added about a pound more shrimp, and we chose to use linguine instead of penne pasta. Worked great, and my family gave it rave reviews! It will be regular recipe on our table!"
"delish - made just the way recipe was posted and it was perfect! no changes necessary."
"I made this tonight for my son and I and doubled the recipe for leftovers for my husband. We both liked it! It was kind of soupy but that may have been my fault because I put a little too much milk in it. I might freeze the extra sauce and "remake" it later with shrimp again or crab or chicken."