Shrimp Pasta Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cooked small pasta shells
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into thirds
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, shrimp, peas, onions and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat yogurt and fat-free mayonnaise) equals 158 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 447 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.