Shrimp Pasta Salad
Field editor Traci Wynne writes from Denver, Pennsylvania, “I adore shrimp, so to have it sneak into a pasta salad is a real treat for me. The combination of lemon-dill sauce over chilled pasta is a refreshing taste in the hot summer.”
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cooked small pasta shells
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into thirds
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, shrimp, peas, onions and parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill,
- salt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss gently. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat yogurt and fat-free mayonnaise) equals 158 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 447 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.