Shrimp Pasta Primavera Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 8 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 small plum tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, oregano, thyme and parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and asparagus in oil for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the mushrooms, broth, tomato, salt and pepper flakes; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- 2. Drain pasta. Add the pasta and seasoning to skillet; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving: 581 calories, 32g fat (6g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein
Reviews for Shrimp Pasta Primavera
"Excellent! As good as my shrimp scampi recipe I've been making for years!"
"followed it as stated came out perfecto"
"A lot of flavor in this dish, and absolutely delicious."
"It is so delicious and I change it up all the time. I add green and red peppers always. Only a small amount of the oregano and less of crushed pepper. Last night I used scallops instead of shrimp and broccoli instead of asparagus and added squash too it was just as delicious! I have made it with just vegetables. Always use the chicken broth and spices and it will be delicious however you make it."
"Easy, fresh, and so yummy!"
"Easy quick recipe with great flavor. Loved it!"
"This is a great recipe that is delicious and not difficult to prepare. The freshly chopped seasonings are a must as they really added that special flavoring to the dish. It was a huge hit and I will definitely be adding it to my favorite go to recipes."
"5 STARS!! This recipe was delicious. I will cut down on the olive oil next time. I have 9 adults who live in our home and everyone enjoyed this recipe. (Of course I multiplied the recipe to feed everyone....and have enough for lunch the next day) Thanks for sharing."
"I made this one hot summer day. This was a very easy stove top recipe. Everyone loved it!"
"My husband and I LOVE this recipe!!! We use freshly shaved parm. cheese and oh my gosh it's the best!!! :) Try it with some salad and garlic bread and you are set!"
"One of the best shrimp and pasta receipt I've done!"
"I doubled the recipe and used spinach (one 10 oz. bag for the double batch). I also used reduced sodium canned broth, but then felt like it needed more salt. I omitted thyme (b/c I wasn't growing any) and increased the other herbs. After comparing this recipe to a another similar recipe, I also used 8 cloves of garlic and will probably use more plus larger amounts of herbs next time. YUMMY!"
"This is a great recipe. It's the one that my husband always requests. I often substitute other vegetables for asparagus. It all depends on what I have on hand."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.