Shrimp Pasta Primavera
They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. So when I invite that special guy to dinner, I like to prepare something equally special. This well-seasoned pasta dish has lots of flavor...and it won't hurt your budget!
Silver Spring, Maryland
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 8 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 small plum tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, oregano, thyme and parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute shrimp and asparagus in oil for 3-4 minutes or until
- shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the
- mushrooms, broth, tomato, salt and pepper flakes; simmer, uncovered,
- for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta and seasoning to skillet; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as