- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 8 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 small plum tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, oregano, thyme and parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and asparagus in oil for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the mushrooms, broth, tomato, salt and pepper flakes; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta and seasoning to skillet; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp Pasta Primavera
"My husband thought this was good but I only thought it was so-so. Maybe it was because I used dry spices instead of fresh (I did the conversion and it was still way too much), or maybe because it was just a bit too oily (even though I cut back on it), or maybe it was because I used low fat, low sodium chicken broth. The amount of shrimp and asparagus seemed good but I found it needed more tomatoes. I may double that next time. It had a good overall flavor but lacked something. Next time I'm going to either do half oil, half butter, or just do all butter. I think that will give it a nice taste. Maybe even add in some lemon juice. Not sure what to do about the herbs though... I never have fresh on hand and would hate to buy some just for this dish alone. I'd try this again."
"Excellent! As good as my shrimp scampi recipe I've been making for years!"
"followed it as stated came out perfecto"
"A lot of flavor in this dish, and absolutely delicious."
"It is so delicious and I change it up all the time. I add green and red peppers always. Only a small amount of the oregano and less of crushed pepper. Last night I used scallops instead of shrimp and broccoli instead of asparagus and added squash too it was just as delicious! I have made it with just vegetables. Always use the chicken broth and spices and it will be delicious however you make it."
"Easy, fresh, and so yummy!"
"Easy quick recipe with great flavor. Loved it!"
"This is a great recipe that is delicious and not difficult to prepare. The freshly chopped seasonings are a must as they really added that special flavoring to the dish. It was a huge hit and I will definitely be adding it to my favorite go to recipes."
"5 STARS!! This recipe was delicious. I will cut down on the olive oil next time. I have 9 adults who live in our home and everyone enjoyed this recipe. (Of course I multiplied the recipe to feed everyone....and have enough for lunch the next day) Thanks for sharing."