- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 8 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 small plum tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, oregano, thyme and parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and asparagus in oil for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the mushrooms, broth, tomato, salt and pepper flakes; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta and seasoning to skillet; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp Pasta Primavera
Sort By :
"Excellent! As good as my shrimp scampi recipe I've been making for years!"
"followed it as stated came out perfecto"
"A lot of flavor in this dish, and absolutely delicious."
"It is so delicious and I change it up all the time. I add green and red peppers always. Only a small amount of the oregano and less of crushed pepper. Last night I used scallops instead of shrimp and broccoli instead of asparagus and added squash too it was just as delicious! I have made it with just vegetables. Always use the chicken broth and spices and it will be delicious however you make it."
"Easy, fresh, and so yummy!"