Shrimp Pasta Primavera Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 8 Daily Chef Uncooked Jumbo Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 small plum tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, oregano, thyme and parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and asparagus in oil for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the mushrooms, broth, tomato, salt and pepper flakes; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta and seasoning to skillet; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp Pasta Primavera(5)
Sort By :
I made this one hot summer day. This was a very easy stove top recipe. Everyone loved it!
My husband and I LOVE this recipe!!! We use freshly shaved parm. cheese and oh my gosh it's the best!!! :) Try it with some salad and garlic bread and you are set!
One of the best shrimp and pasta receipt I've done!
I doubled the recipe and used spinach (one 10 oz. bag for the double batch). I also used reduced sodium canned broth, but then felt like it needed more salt. I omitted thyme (b/c I wasn't growing any) and increased the other herbs. After comparing this recipe to a another similar recipe, I also used 8 cloves of garlic and will probably use more plus larger amounts of herbs next time. YUMMY!
This is a great recipe. It's the one that my husband always requests. I often substitute other vegetables for asparagus. It all depends on what I have on hand.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >