Shrimp Paella Recipe
Shrimp Paella is a classic main course from Spain that may seem complicated, but this recipe puts you three steps ahead by starting with our GOYA® Yellow Rice Mix to provide homemade flavor instantly.
- 1 tablespoon GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 package (3.5 oz.) GOYA® Chorizo, cut in 1/4-in. slices
- 1/4 teaspoon GOYA® Minced Garlic or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package (8 oz.) GOYA® Yellow Rice
- 1/4 cup GOYA® Pitted Alcaparrado, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 - 12 little neck clams
- 1 jar (4 oz.) GOYA Fancy® Sliced Pimentos, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in 10-12-in. paella pan (or large skillet) over medium-high heat. Add onions and chorizo; cook until onions are tender and chorizo turns golden brown, about 7 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
- Add 1-3/4 cups water to pan; bring to boil. Stir in contents of yellow rice mix and alcaparrado. Boil rice mixture 1 minute; tightly cover pan. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 25 minutes, adding shrimp and clams after 12 minutes.
- Arrange pimiento strips over rice; sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Paella Provided by GOYA®
Reviews for Shrimp Paella(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review