Shrimp Pad Thai Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/2 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or additional reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in oil until shrimp turn pink; remove and set aside. Add onion and garlic to the pan. Make a well in the center of the onion mixture; add egg. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until egg is completely set. Add the coleslaw mix, green onions, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, chili garlic sauce and peanuts; heat through.
- 3. Return shrimp to the pan and heat through. Drain noodles; toss with shrimp mixture. Garnish with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 306 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 649 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Pad Thai
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.