Shrimp Pad Thai for Two Recipe
- 2 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/4 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or additional reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped salted peanuts
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in oil until shrimp turn pink; remove and set aside. Add onion and garlic to the pan. Make a well in the center of the onion mixture; add egg. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until egg is completely set. Add the coleslaw mix, green onions, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, chili garlic sauce and peanuts; heat through.
- 3. Return shrimp to the pan; heat through. Drain noodles; toss with shrimp mixture. Garnish with cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 341 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 668mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Shrimp Pad Thai for Two
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.