- 2 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/4 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or additional reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped salted peanuts
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in oil until shrimp turn pink; remove and set aside. Add onion and garlic to the pan. Make a well in the center of the onion mixture; add egg. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until egg is completely set. Add the coleslaw mix, green onions, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, chili garlic sauce and peanuts; heat through.
- Return shrimp to the pan; heat through. Drain noodles; toss with shrimp mixture. Garnish with cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Pad Thai for Two in Taste of Home
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Pad Thai for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Thai Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >