Shrimp Orzo with Feta Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in shrimp. Simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 2. Drain orzo. Add the orzo, cilantro and pepper to shrimp mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 406 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 180 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.