- 1-1/4 cups uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Stir in shrimp. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain orzo. Add orzo, cilantro and pepper to shrimp mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Orzo with Feta
"A little on the bland side...next time we will add a touch of old bay."
"I followed the recipe exactly but this was way too bland."
"Easy, quick, light meal. I liked the idea of adding spinach, will add a little more next time. I used shaved Parmesan and added a few spices."
"This is a quick and lovely meal. I kept it warm in a crockpot to serve at a buffet. You would easily impress company with this one. The flavors are light and refreshing, and could be easily tweaked to suit individual tastes"
"Love this fast meal! I substituted about a cup of spinach for the cilantro to make it a one pot meal."
"Love the light flavor and textures in this dish. Served it to company and caught one licking his bowl. Lol!"
"A keeper. Hubby said we could serve this to company, even suggested doing it for a neighbor's birthday mid-August. East, very tasty!"
""It's a keeper!" That was my husband's assessment after his third helping of this deliciously flavorful recipe!I had to make a couple of tweaks due to what I had on-hand (or rather, didn't have!). I used acini de pepe instead of the orzo which gave the dish a great texture and I used lime juice instead of lemon juice because it's what I had in the kitchen.It was fast and incredibly easy to prepare, and I have a feeling this meatless meal will be making a regular appearance on our menu rotation!"
"I thought this recipe looked familiar and sure enough it was first published in 2012, now again in 2015. It is good enough to bear repeating. I am making it now as we speak, and the only thing I don't add is the cilantro (I'm allergic to it). And I use 1/4 cup chicken broth instead of olive oil... This is such a satisfying meal and so easy to put together."
"Our new favorite!! I added mushrooms & a little chicken stock to get it a little more 'saucey'!"