- 1-1/4 cups uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Stir in shrimp. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain orzo. Add orzo, cilantro and pepper to shrimp mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Orzo with Feta
"I followed the recipe exactly but this was way too bland."
"Easy, quick, light meal. I liked the idea of adding spinach, will add a little more next time. I used shaved Parmesan and added a few spices."
"This is a quick and lovely meal. I kept it warm in a crockpot to serve at a buffet. You would easily impress company with this one. The flavors are light and refreshing, and could be easily tweaked to suit individual tastes"
"Love this fast meal! I substituted about a cup of spinach for the cilantro to make it a one pot meal."
"Love the light flavor and textures in this dish. Served it to company and caught one licking his bowl. Lol!"