- 1-1/4 cups uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Stir in shrimp. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain orzo. Add orzo, cilantro and pepper to shrimp mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Orzo with Feta
"A little on the bland side...next time we will add a touch of old bay."
"I followed the recipe exactly but this was way too bland."
"Easy, quick, light meal. I liked the idea of adding spinach, will add a little more next time. I used shaved Parmesan and added a few spices."
"This is a quick and lovely meal. I kept it warm in a crockpot to serve at a buffet. You would easily impress company with this one. The flavors are light and refreshing, and could be easily tweaked to suit individual tastes"
"Love this fast meal! I substituted about a cup of spinach for the cilantro to make it a one pot meal."