Use crumb mixture as a crunchy topping on tilapia or flounder fillets. To butterfly shrimp, split each shrimp lengthwise down the middle of the back but do not cut all the way through.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 12 min.
- 2 cups (4 ounces) French's® Original French Fried Onions
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and butterflied
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place onions in a resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and crush onions
- with hands or a rolling pin. Add lemon juice oregano and garlic;
- toss to combine.
- Arrange shrimp in a greased baking dish. Spoon about 1 rounded
- teaspoon crumb mixture into each butterflied shrimp. Drizzle with
- butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12 minutes or until shrimp
- turn pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.