Use crumb mixture as a crunchy topping on tilapia or flounder fillets. To butterfly shrimp, split each shrimp lengthwise down the middle of the back but do not cut all the way through.
- 2 cups (4 ounces) French's® Original French Fried Onions
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and butterflied
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place onions in a resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and crush onions with hands or a rolling pin. Add lemon juice oregano and garlic; toss to combine.
- Arrange shrimp in a greased baking dish. Spoon about 1 rounded teaspoon crumb mixture into each butterflied shrimp. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Oreganata in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p64
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Oreganata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review