- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 30 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- Hot cooked rice
- In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process for 1-2 minutes.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and vegetables, leaving a small space between pieces. Place in a shallow glass container. Pour oil mixture over kabobs; cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are tender. Combine butter and dill; baste over skewers. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp on the Grill in Country June/July 2004, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp on the Grill(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review