Shrimp on Rosemary Skewers Recipe
- 8 fresh rosemary sprigs, about 6 inches long
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. Soak rosemary sprigs in water for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, coconut, pepper flakes and minced rosemary; set aside 1/4 cup for sauce.
- 2. Thread shrimp onto rosemary sprigs. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once and basting occasionally with remaining marmalade mixture. Serve with sauce. Yield: 8 skewers.
1 skewer with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 145 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Shrimp on Rosemary Skewers
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.