Shrimp on Rosemary Skewers
Fresh springs of rosemary are the clever skewers for these shrimp kabobs. You can serve this as an appetizer or as a main course.
Amber Joy Newport, Hampton, Virginia
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 8 fresh rosemary sprigs, about 6 inches long
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Soak rosemary sprigs in water for 30 minutes. In a small bowl,
- combine the marmalade, coconut, pepper flakes and minced rosemary;
- set aside 1/4 cup for sauce.
- Thread shrimp onto rosemary sprigs. Moisten a paper towel with
- cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8
- minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once and basting
- occasionally with remaining marmalade mixture. Serve with sauce.
- Yield: 8 skewers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 skewer with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 145 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon