- 8 fresh rosemary sprigs, about 6 inches long
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Soak rosemary sprigs in water for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, coconut, pepper flakes and minced rosemary; set aside 1/4 cup for sauce.
- Thread shrimp onto rosemary sprigs. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once and basting occasionally with remaining marmalade mixture. Serve with sauce. Yield: 8 skewers.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp on Rosemary Skewers
Sort By :
A few modifications. I pulled most of the rosemary off the stems and just left the ends. That gave a hint on rosemary and the shrimp is not damaged. For the sauce, I put the marmalade in the microwave for 40 seconds which gave it a spreading consistency. If I made this again, I would cover the grill with the new foil meant for grilling and not sticking. The flavor was wonderful and that is why I'm giving it 4 stars. With the modifications, 5 stars.
This made a huge mess on my grill. The sauce was too thick but had good flavor. I would not make this again but would however make the sauce for something else.
The flavor of the shrimp was excellent but the rosemary skewers were a little too much. I would definitely use the marinade again, but probably on a regular skewer.
I thought this recipe was good. A little extra sweet, which was fine with me. Maybe next time I'll add a dash of soy just to even out the taste a little bit. I will be making this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grilled Appetizers >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilled Seafood >
- Grilled Shrimp >
- Grilled Shrimp Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- July 4th Appetizers >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Appetizers >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >