Shrimp Napoleons Recipe
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/2 cups chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1/3 cup finely shredded carrot
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Unfold one puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut sheet into nine squares, about 3 in. Cut each square in half, forming 18 rectangles.
- 2. Place on one prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining puff pastry. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, onion, mustard and Worcestershire sauce until well blended. Stir in the shrimp, carrot and bacon.
- 4. To assemble, use a fork to split each pastry in half horizontally. Spread a rounded tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture over the bottom halves; replace tops. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 99 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Shrimp Napoleons
"This is yummy, I think next time I will add some crab with it too."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.