VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/2 cups chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1/3 cup finely shredded carrot
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Unfold one puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut sheet into nine squares, about 3 in. Cut each square in half, forming 18 rectangles.
- Place on one prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining puff pastry. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, onion, mustard and Worcestershire sauce until well blended. Stir in the shrimp, carrot and bacon.
- To assemble, use a fork to split each pastry in half horizontally. Spread a rounded tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture over the bottom halves; replace tops. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Shrimp Napoleons in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p36
Reviews forShrimp Napoleons
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2013
"This is yummy, I think next time I will add some crab with it too."