- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Add shrimp; cook for 4-5 minutes or until pink. Using a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; set aside and keep warm.
- Add wine to the skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until sauce is reduced. Pour over shrimp; top with cheese and parsley. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp Monterey
Sort By :
"quick and cheesy -I mean easy ;) Was looking for something like this for dinner and it was perfect. Even the picky eaters! Works great with pasta."
"quick fast tastes great"
"This wasn't nearly as good as I'd hoped. Somehow seafood and cheese just never turns out good."
"Have made this a few times. Each time trying to get more sauce to put over pasta. Very good flavor. Really like it."
"A perfect dish to have for a special occasion."