Shrimp Monterey Recipe
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Add shrimp; cook for 4-5 minutes or until pink. Using a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. Add wine to the skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until sauce is reduced. Pour over shrimp; top with cheese and parsley. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 303 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 268 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.