VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3/4 pound spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook on high 15-25 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Serve with spaghetti. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Marinara in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p17
Reviews forShrimp Marinara
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2013
"This was a very easy recipe and tasted wonderful."