- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds cooked small shrimp
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 7 to 8 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup French salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, shrimp, peas, celery and onion.
- In another bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Shrimp Macaroni Salad
"Very, very good. This is similar to my great aunt's shrimp salad - except for the peas and the dressing - so I was anxious to give it a try. Loved the addition of the peas. The dressing was good too - I used 'Mango/Chipotle' instead of 'French' and then used the smaller suggested amounts of spices. The longer it sat in the refrigerator, the better it tasted. I would make it again and try another flavor dressing."
"This recipe has instantly become a family favorite. What an extremely delicious change of pace from the usual summer sides!! With the exception of using light Mayo and light French Dressing- (and you could notice no difference) I followed recipe to the letter. It did yield a lot- but that is not a bad thing :-) If I could give this 10 stars....I would! Haven't even brought it to my party yet...only because I cant pry it out of my husbands hands....but I am sure it is going to get rave reviews!!"
"This was my contribution to a Fourth of July potluck."
"easy and received raves from my guests. Recipe makes a lot and was just as good the next couple of days. Thank you."
"Good salad! I made a 1/4 of it for two of us which lasted several meals. I found it needed more than a 1/4 of the dressing or it wasn't tasty or moist enough so added more. Will make again."