Whenever I attend a potluck or family gathering, I'm asked to make this salad, which has been a family secret for over 50 years. My husband likes it as a main dish, served with garlic bread. —Barbara Robbins Cave Junction, Oregon
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds cooked small shrimp
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 7 to 8 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup French salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, shrimp, peas, celery and onion.
- In another bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Macaroni Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p37
Reviews for Shrimp Macaroni Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review