Shrimp Mac & Cheese Salad Recipe
My mother had a recipe similar to this one, but lost it, and no one could find the original recipe. After an exhaustive search on the internet, I decided to re-create the salad from memory. Mom thinks I did a pretty good job!Daphne DeLaney, Lake Waccamaw, North Carolina
- 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, cut up
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 4 ounces Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp, cut into pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove pan from heat; stir in cheeses until melted. Add macaroni; stir to coat. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature.
- In another large bowl, combine the shrimp, onion, red pepper, mayonnaise, celery, pickle, salt and pepper. Fold in cooled macaroni mixture; cover and chill. Serve on lettuce. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Mac & Cheese Salad in Slow Cooker Throughout the Year Costco 2013
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Mac & Cheese Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Salad Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Macaroni Salads >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Salads >
- Potluck Recipes >