Shrimp Lover Squares
These delicious shrimp squares are part of an appetizer buffet field editor Ardyce Piehl prepares for her family every Christmas. “During the holidays, we enjoy having a variety of appetizers as a meal while playing a board game or watching a movie together,” notes Ardyce, of Poynette, Wisconsin.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 24 cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, unroll crescent dough into
- one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Bake at 375°
- for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, dill and salt
- until smooth. Spread over crust. Top with the seafood sauce, shrimp,
- green pepper, onion and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 109 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.