During the holiday season, my family enjoys having a variety of appetizers as a meal while playing a board game or watching a movie. These delicious shrimp squares are part of the buffet I prepare every year. —Ardyce Piehl, Poynette, Wisconsin
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 24 cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, dill and salt until smooth. Spread over crust. Top with the seafood sauce, shrimp, green pepper, onion and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Shrimp Lover Squares in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p61
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Shrimp Lover Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review