Shrimp Linguine with Parmesan Cream Sauce Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and garlic in butter and oil for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cream and cheese; sprinkle with pepper flakes.
- 3. Drain linguine. Add shrimp and linguine to skillet; cook over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp are no longer pink. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 3 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 567 calories, 35g fat (16g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein
Reviews for Shrimp Linguine with Parmesan Cream Sauce
"This was amazing and SO easy to make. I threw in the shrimp a little before the cooked linguine, though. I was a little worried the shrimp wouldn't be cooked all the way through. I love how this tastes even better than what you would get in a restaurant."
"Doubled the recipe for a family of six, some little kids, and everyone loved it. Added additional cheese to pasta on the plates. Will make again!"
"Very good but added more chopped onion and one more clove of crushed garlic. Also added 1 cup of Asiago cheese."
"Me and my Wife loved this. Quick and easy and tasted great."
"Simple to make and it was really good. I did add a bit more parm cheese and cream. I'll add it to my regulars!"
"Made this tonight for my family. It was easy to make and was delicious! Next time I will double the sauce!"
"Outstanding! Definitely double the sauce. Will make this again!"
"Fantastic, quick recipe! I made 1 & 1/2 times the sauce & had 25 shrimp. Will definitely make this again. Would be perfect for company and takes such little time."
"hubby loves this recipe. i have mae it many times,,,we do double the sauce as others suggust,,i agee,that is a must. easy as well as great."
"Made this last night, doubled the sauce with the exception of the butter, olive oil and garlic. Neither one of us cared for it. Since others loved it, must just be our tastes. Would not recommend it and threw the printed recipe away."
"Doubling the sauce is a must."
"This is the best!! Will definatley make again."
"This is a must make recipe! My family loved it! Used cut up Jumbo shrimp as my family loves shrimp."
"My whole family loved this recipe. A must make recipe!!"
"Very tasty and quick to make. Added more mushrooms and cream as it wasn't enough sauce for me."
"The only thing I would do different next time would be double the sauce. This was very easy to make and everyone LOVED it!"
"This was excellent and quick to make; will definitely make again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.