- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and garlic in butter and oil for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cream and cheese; sprinkle with pepper flakes.
- Drain linguine. Add shrimp and linguine to skillet; cook over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp are no longer pink. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 3 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp Linguine with Parmesan Cream Sauce
"This was amazing and SO easy to make. I threw in the shrimp a little before the cooked linguine, though. I was a little worried the shrimp wouldn't be cooked all the way through. I love how this tastes even better than what you would get in a restaurant."
"Doubled the recipe for a family of six, some little kids, and everyone loved it. Added additional cheese to pasta on the plates. Will make again!"
"Very good but added more chopped onion and one more clove of crushed garlic. Also added 1 cup of Asiago cheese."
"Me and my Wife loved this. Quick and easy and tasted great."
"Simple to make and it was really good. I did add a bit more parm cheese and cream. I'll add it to my regulars!"