- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and garlic in butter and oil for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cream and cheese; sprinkle with pepper flakes.
- Drain linguine. Add shrimp and linguine to skillet; cook over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp are no longer pink. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 3 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp Linguine with Parmesan Cream Sauce
"This was veeery good. I also added fresh lemon juice and some zest, doubled it, and flavoured some bacon with lemon and figs.Omg. My family loves me.Thank you!!!!!"
"This dish was GREAT! I added broccoli and carrots to the vegetables and quadrupled the sauce I probably had close to 2 lbs of shrimp. I used equal parts of Parmesan and Ramona cheese also added a bit of oregano, thyme and couple TBS. fresh chopped parsley and just a little pasta water to make it nice and creamy. My husband had 2nd's, that is saying a lot for someone who's usually not crazy for pasta dishes. I've added this recipe to my favorites."
"This was amazing and SO easy to make. I threw in the shrimp a little before the cooked linguine, though. I was a little worried the shrimp wouldn't be cooked all the way through. I love how this tastes even better than what you would get in a restaurant."
"Doubled the recipe for a family of six, some little kids, and everyone loved it. Added additional cheese to pasta on the plates. Will make again!"
"Very good but added more chopped onion and one more clove of crushed garlic. Also added 1 cup of Asiago cheese."
"Simple to make and it was really good. I did add a bit more parm cheese and cream. I'll add it to my regulars!"
"Made this tonight for my family. It was easy to make and was delicious! Next time I will double the sauce!"
"Outstanding! Definitely double the sauce. Will make this again!"