Easy and elegant, this creamy pasta dish with a hint of heat makes a weeknight dinner seem like a special affair. —Athena M. Russell, Florence, South Carolina
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and garlic in butter and oil for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cream and cheese; sprinkle with pepper flakes.
- Drain linguine. Add shrimp and linguine to skillet; cook over medium-low heat, for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp are no longer pink. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Linguine with Parmesan Cream Sauce in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p29
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp Linguine with Parmesan Cream Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review