Shrimp Linguine Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine, broken in half
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a bowl; add the shrimp, broccoli, artichokes, mushrooms, tomatoes, carrots and onions.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic and hot pepper sauce; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 9 servings.
One serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 286 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 721 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.