- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium carrots
- 6 green onions
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Using a vegetable peeler, shave carrots lengthwise into very thin strips. Slice white parts of green onions; cut each green top in half lengthwise.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; stir-fry until shrimp turn pink. Remove from pan.
- Stir-fry pepper and carrots in remaining oil 4 minutes. Add white parts of onions; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add 1/3 cup soy sauce mixture to pan. Bring to a boil. Add shrimp; heat through. Place 1/4 cup rice on each lettuce leaf; top with 1/2 cup shrimp mixture. Drizzle with remaining soy sauce mixture and roll up. Tie each with a green onion strip. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Lettuce Wraps in Simple & Delicious April/May 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2016
"Looked like a good recipe...underwhelmed."