Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large onions
- 16 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/2 cup salad dressing and shrimp. Cut each onion into eight wedges. In another large resealable plastic bag, combine the vegetables and remaining dressing. Seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp and vegetables. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
1 kabob (prepared with fat-free dressing) equals 150 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 630 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Shrimp Kabobs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.