"Marinating the shrimp in Italian dressing adds wonderful flavor to these colorful kabobs," says Sharon Aweau of Kapolei, Hawaii.
8 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large onions
- 16 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/2 cup salad dressing and
- shrimp. Cut each onion into eight wedges. In another large
- resealable plastic bag, combine the vegetables and remaining
- dressing. Seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours,
- turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers,
- alternately thread the shrimp and vegetables. Grill kabobs, covered,
- over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes or until
- shrimp turn pink, turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 kabob (prepared with fat-free dressing) equals 150 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 630 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.