"Marinating the shrimp in Italian dressing adds wonderful flavor to these colorful kabobs," says Sharon Aweau of Kapolei, Hawaii.
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large onions
- 16 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/2 cup salad dressing and shrimp. Cut each onion into eight wedges. In another large resealable plastic bag, combine the vegetables and remaining dressing. Seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp and vegetables. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Kabobs in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p40
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review