Shrimp Jambalaya Recipe
More Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes »
- 1/4 cup each chopped green onions, celery and green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the onions, celery and green pepper in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, water, tomato paste, sugar, bouillon, basil and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Add shrimp and ham. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups (calculated without rice) equals 240 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 915 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Jambalaya
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.