Shrimp Jalapeno Boats
These appealing "boats" make an attractive addition to any appetizer tray. "We love jalapenos and so do a lot of our friends," writes Peggy Wolfgang of Canby, Oregon.
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 18 medium jalapeno peppers
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cut jalapenos in half and remove seeds. Place in two ungreased 15-in.
- x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. In a small bowl, combine the cream
- cheese, cheddar cheese and onions; spoon into jalapeno halves. Top
- with shrimp.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until jalapenos are tender.
- Yield: 3 dozen.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.