Shrimp in Herbs Recipe
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried chervil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook shrimp in oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes and seasonings. Cook 3-5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in butter until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 304 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 351 mg cholesterol, 894 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.