Shrimp in Herbs
Dressed up with two types of parsley and other herbs, this rich and elegant shrimp entree makes a special weeknight meal. The recipe comes from Iola Egle of Bella Vista, Arkansas.
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried chervil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook shrimp in
- oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the
- tomatoes and seasonings. Cook 3-5 minutes longer or until shrimp
- turn pink. Stir in butter until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 304 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 351 mg cholesterol, 894 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon