Looking for an extra-special Christmas Eve entree to delight your busy crowd? My family always manages to make time for this rich shrimp dish. We enjoy it over golden egg noodles.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cream, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Butterfly shrimp, by cutting lengthwise almost in half, but leaving shrimp attached at opposite side. Spread to butterfly. Place cut side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour cream sauce over shrimp. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp in Cream Sauce in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p39
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp in Cream Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review