- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cream, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Butterfly shrimp, by cutting lengthwise almost in half, but leaving shrimp attached at opposite side. Spread to butterfly. Place cut side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour cream sauce over shrimp. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp in Cream Sauce
Sort By :
Just add 1/4 cup of dry sherry to this and you have an outstanding Newburg Sauce. I would not make this recipe like it is, seeing how close I was to a traditional Newburg. I couldn't forgive myself. In the last 5 weeks have made Shrimp Newburg and Crawfish Newburg. Next up is Crab & Crawfish Newburg. But I need a couple more sessions at the gym first.
This was so delicious, we ;oved it and was so simple to make.
I meant great.
I have made this recipe with both shrimp and chicken. It's grat holiday recipe to use when the family comes over or for special occasions.
I used precooked heated shrimpand added precooked chinese vegetables. I heated through just long enough to make hot. Put over fettachine noodles. It was gone in no time.