This refreshing tomato-based soup from our Test Kitchen features shrimp, cucumber and avocados.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 6 cups spicy hot V8 juice
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 medium ripe avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1
- hour. Serve cold. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Editor's Note:This recipe is best served the same day it's made.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 128 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 551 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.