This refreshing tomato-based soup from our Test Kitchen features shrimp, cucumber and avocados.
- 6 cups spicy hot V8 juice
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 medium ripe avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve cold. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Originally published as Shrimp Gazpacho in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p215
Reviews for Shrimp Gazpacho
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2014
"This is the best Gazpacho recipe that I have ever tried"
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2012
"Traditional mexican shrip coctail uses ketchup and this recipe uses V8 which is a healthier option. I like to mix the two since I'm not a big V8 fan."