Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Remove eggs and keep warm.
- 2. Melt remaining butter in the skillet. Add the rice, vegetables and shrimp; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Meanwhile, chop eggs into small pieces. Return eggs to the pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with bacon if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 241 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 206mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Fried Rice
"I really liked this. I used the California blend vegetables. I don't like shelling the shrimp, so I thought next time I might buy the already cooked shrimp. I buy the shrimp in the freezer section and divide up what I need for individual meals. If you have a family to feed this would not work. But because it is just me and my husband it is the easiest way."
"Can this be made with frozen shrimp? I haven't made this yet, but I needed to rate it in order to submit a question. I'll pre-cook and use brown rice, and I'll also add one finely minced clove of garlic. I'll also sprinkle some fresh & finely chopped chives over the completed dish. So, can I make this with frozen shrimp?"
"I thought this would be too bland, but it's really very good! I paired it with store-bought spring rolls for a fast dinner."
"this also was good i just used a lil more onion and garlic powder and it was perfect.."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.