Shrimp Fried Rice
This delectable side is filled with color and taste that makes it vanish fast. Our family of four can't get enough of it. Bacon adds crispness and a hint of heartiness. Consider it when you need a different main dish or brunch item.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
- Pour eggs into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. Remove eggs and keep warm.
- Melt remaining butter in the skillet. Add the rice, vegetables and
- shrimp; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Meanwhile, chop eggs into small pieces. Return eggs to the pan;
- sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, stirring
- occasionally. Sprinkle with bacon if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 241 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 206 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon