Shrimp Fried Rice Quesadillas Recipe
- 1/4 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 slices pepper Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1. In a small skillet, saute the shrimp, onion and peppers in 1 tablespoon butter until shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the egg. In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter until hot. Add egg; cook and stir over medium heat until egg is completely set. Stir in the rice, soy sauce and shrimp mixture.
- 3. Spread remaining butter over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas butter side down, on a griddle. Place a slice of cheese on each tortilla. Sprinkle shrimp mixture over half of each tortilla. Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 511 calories, 30 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 242 mg cholesterol, 903 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.