- 1/4 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 slices pepper Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- In a small skillet, saute the shrimp, onion and peppers in 1 tablespoon butter until shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg. In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter until hot. Add egg; cook and stir over medium heat until egg is completely set. Stir in the rice, soy sauce and shrimp mixture.
- Spread remaining butter over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas butter side down, on a griddle. Place a slice of cheese on each tortilla. Sprinkle shrimp mixture over half of each tortilla. Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Fried Rice Quesadillas
Sort By :
Sooo good! We didn't have shrimp, but I used lump crab and added 1/2 tsp seafood seasoning. Worked great. Will try it with shrimp next time around.
These were so delicious! I didn't have a green pepper at home, so I used a yellow and red. I also added a little Creole seasoning to the mix and they turned out perfect. I can't wait to make them again.
Very quick and very tasty too! Tricia C.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quesadillas >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >