- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Remove eggs and keep warm.
- Melt remaining butter in the skillet. Add the rice, vegetables and shrimp; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Meanwhile, chop eggs into small pieces. Return eggs to the pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with bacon if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Fried Rice
"This recipe was easy! It's one of our favorite meals! We decided to omit the bacon and add just a touch of soy sauce to the mixture. It is also great topped with some chopped green onions"
"I really liked this. I used the California blend vegetables. I don't like shelling the shrimp, so I thought next time I might buy the already cooked shrimp. I buy the shrimp in the freezer section and divide up what I need for individual meals. If you have a family to feed this would not work. But because it is just me and my husband it is the easiest way."
"Can this be made with frozen shrimp? I haven't made this yet, but I needed to rate it in order to submit a question. I'll pre-cook and use brown rice, and I'll also add one finely minced clove of garlic. I'll also sprinkle some fresh & finely chopped chives over the completed dish. So, can I make this with frozen shrimp?"
"I thought this would be too bland, but it's really very good! I paired it with store-bought spring rolls for a fast dinner."
"this also was good i just used a lil more onion and garlic powder and it was perfect.."