Shrimp Filetto di Pomodoro Recipe
This sensational seafood and pasta dinner is great for special occasions. Scallops can be used in place of the shrimp if desired.—Cherie Chism, Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (one 28 ounces, one 15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion and mushrooms in drippings and butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Add shrimp and reserved bacon to tomato mixture; cook, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain linguine; place in a large bowl. Top with shrimp mixture. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 402 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Filetto di Pomodoro
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC