- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (one 28 ounces, one 15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion and mushrooms in drippings and butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Add shrimp and reserved bacon to tomato mixture; cook, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain linguine; place in a large bowl. Top with shrimp mixture. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Filetto di Pomodoro in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p176
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Filetto di Pomodoro
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2011
"LOVED this! Used whole wheat linguine and low sodium bacon and added a little crushed red pepper for a little spice. IT WAS EASY and AWESOME!"