- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (one 28 ounces, one 15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion and mushrooms in drippings and butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Add shrimp and reserved bacon to tomato mixture; cook, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain linguine; place in a large bowl. Top with shrimp mixture. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Filetto di Pomodoro in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p176
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Filetto di Pomodoro
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review