Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a blender, combine the ricotta cheese, parsley, basil and chives; cover and process until blended; set aside. Using a vegetable peeler, make long thin strips from carrot. Cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding the carrot strips during the last minute of cooking.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the snow peas, mushrooms and shrimp in butter for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the tomato; cook 2 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 3. Drain Fettuccine; toss with ricotta mixture. Add shrimp mixture and gently toss. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups (calculated without salt) equals 363 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 203 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Fettuccine
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.