Shrimp Fettuccine with No-Cook Tomato Sauce
Dressing pasta doesn’t get any easier than this. Chopped tomatoes and fresh basil come together in a light sauce that’s great with almost anything you decide to add to it--in this case, shrimp. —Sally Stiefvater, Pelham, New York
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + standing Cook: 5 min.
- 5 medium tomatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green onions, basil, garlic
- and 1 tablespoon oil; toss lightly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a
- large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp;
- cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; add to sauce.
- Drain fettuccine; transfer to a platter. Top with sauce; sprinkle
- with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.