- 5 medium tomatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green onions, basil, garlic and 1 tablespoon oil; toss lightly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; add to sauce.
- Drain fettuccine; transfer to a platter. Top with sauce; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Fettuccine with No-Cook Tomato Sauce
Sort By :
"I used store-bought fresh tomato salsa from Festival, to save time and for a recipe for 2. It was more spicy."
"Made this with regular spaghetti and mixed heirloom tomatoes; also added a bit more garlic and a small amount of white wine. Delish!"
"I make this recipe all summer with our garden fresh tomatoes. Soooo good. I like to add a little extra garlic and some toasty bread to go with. One of our summer favs."
"I felt it was easy and very tasty."
"I nervously made this recipe for my meat and potatoes husband but he loved it - added a little more garlic and basil since my family loves that. I let the sauce marinate for about an hour too which I think melded the flavors wonderfully. I would definitely make it again."