Shrimp Fettuccine with No-Cook Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 5 medium tomatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green onions, basil, garlic and 1 tablespoon oil; toss lightly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; add to sauce.
- Drain fettuccine; transfer to a platter. Top with sauce; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Fettuccine with No-Cook Tomato Sauce
Sort By :
I make this recipe all summer with our garden fresh tomatoes. Soooo good. I like to add a little extra garlic and some toasty bread to go with. One of our summer favs.
I felt it was easy and very tasty.
I nervously made this recipe for my meat and potatoes husband but he loved it - added a little more garlic and basil since my family loves that. I let the sauce marinate for about an hour too which I think melded the flavors wonderfully. I would definitely make it again.
My family did not like this recipe at all. The shrimp had no flavor because it wasn't cooked in a sauce, the fettucine was dry and cooled off quickly because the sauce is at room temperature. The next day I made an alfredo sauce to try and make this recipe more palatable.
No changes to his recipe...this is delicious! My husband and son really enjoyed it. I will definitely make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >